Showing up is 80% of the job.

Image result for Showing up

Hey guys! Welcome to this week’s blog.

I hope you had a good weekend? Mine was full of chores and spending time with people I love so I can’t complain too much. Lol.

Before we dive into the gist for this week’s blog I want to first of all say thank you to all of you who are consistent readers, commenters and sharers (also to those of you who private chat me with your thoughts on whatever the issue of the week is). I’m so excited that you are all becoming a part of the Michael’s muse tribe πŸ•ΊπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎ The energy I’m getting from you guys is fueling my own energy to keep this blog alive. So thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Your readership means a lot to me πŸ€—❤

Now to the gist of the week πŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎ

RELATIONSHIPS. I don’t know if this resonates with as many people as it does with me, but in my relatively short sojourn through life people have been very pivotal in helping me progress. Particularly over the last seven years, (or maybe that’s only when I began to pay attention). As I’ve reflected, I’ve also learned that the key to unlocking the people connections that transform your life for the better is showing up. Showing up at that cocktail, or dinner, or conference, or the bootcamp, or for the friend that needs you to help move houses, is the 20% effort that gives the 80% return.

Maybe one day I’ll write about the stories of the people connections that have been very pivotal in my life and how they mostly occurred primarily because I showed up. Now, skill and knowledge are pretty important in making progress through life but I believe that adding the right relationships can help amplify results in a way that skill and knowledge alone can’t.

Not every connection will transform your life for the better in ways you never imagined, but some will. And you’ll only be able to tell which ones in hindsight. So as much as you can, show up.

I believe in the divine, and that our hearts filled with dreams are a magnet for all that it takes to make those dreams come true - including the relationships we need to make them happen. So as you begin to show up, also dream and your heart will guide you to where you need to be.

Here's a gem of a video that i think everyone should watch. Might help put some of this in perspective.

What are your thoughts? Do you think relationships matter? How much do they matter? Do you believe in the divine? What role do you think the divine plays in our sojourn through life especially as it relates with making human connections, if any? Let's talk in the comments.

PS: I started writing this blog on Sunday night (you could probably tell by how it started and how it ends) and I’ve only managed to complete it  a few minutes before midnight on Thursday (and will probably not post it until early hours of Friday). Making a commitment to post weekly is much tougher than I thought but we move nonetheless πŸ’ͺ🏾 (maybe I’ll do a future blog post on the topic of commitment and what it means to me. Like inspirational speakers will say, I’m turning my mess into a message. Corny? Lol) This week has been very long and at the same time short! Long in that I’ve spent so much time on the move and just doing/working, very little time for rest, and short in that...how is it even Thursday?! Did we really have 24hours a day this week? Even my 7 year old nephew lamented to his mum about how short the week has been. Not sure why the young chap wants with a longer week o πŸ˜‚ This PS is getting too long so I’m gonna stop now. I hope your week is going much better than mine and you’re happy the weekend is here unlike my nephew πŸ˜…

PPS: please comment and share so I’ll have the ginger to post much earlier next week πŸ˜‰πŸ™πŸΎπŸ˜˜

Comments

Popular Posts