What's your story?





                                                     Birth Professionals Share Your Career Story in New Book ...

Hey musers!

How are you? How are you dealing in these challenging times? What is your story? I'd really love for you to share, and I'll go first, so here's mine:

This past month has been anything but usual. We are now living in a very different world than the one we lived in as at my last post (from my last blog post till now seems like a good way to keep track of time, lol, these days we have to find creative ways to measure time because all the days and nights seem to be melting into one). I've spent a lot of time in my head trying to process this new reality. In my processing, there were things I wanted to write that I couldn't quite find the words to express, things that I wrote that may never see the light of day, and finally this that you get to read. (Yay!)

Honestly, this past month has not been easy. I spend a lot of time in my mind, it's where I try to make sense of everything, so it's been particularly busy in there. The busyness hasn't yield much fruit though because I still can't make sense of anything. I can't seem to reconcile the motion and action that must occur to keep my life going, with the reality that I must stay inside my apartment (except to get essentials: food, water, medicine, which I try to order in as much as possible). This situation has put me in a mental state of inertia. All my plans gone out the window and life is supposed to continue? That doesn't make any sense. Here I am, in inertia, hoping that one day things make sense again.

There are a few things I'm gaining an appreciation of in this season. First is gratitude for the life I had and have. Learning that nothing is guaranteed sure has a way of making one grateful. Second is that change can not always be planned and learning to roll with the punches is an important survival skill (this is a particularly hard lesson to learn for people who like to plan, are not very spontaneous, struggle in dealing with ambiguity and value stability). The third and final lesson, so far, is that we need new systems in our society. A lot of the systems we've designed are extremely fragile and have failed to keep us safe. I think the most crucial system we need to change is our governance system, all across the world, save a few places, the failure of governance is exacerbating this crisis instead of quelling it and that needs to change.

My anchor in this season is that God is in control, and that because he is, everything will eventually work out for good. Even though I may not see it, I believe it. This is how I am able to stay sane.

What's your story? What's your anchor?

Tell me in the comments. <3

PS: The thing I miss the most about our former world is physical touch, with people I care about, I can't wait to go on a hugging and hand holding spree as soon as it's safe to do so...In the meantime I'll do my best to keep this anxiety from getting the better of me. My most important task as far as this situation is concerned is breathing, that's all I need to get through each day.


Comments

Popular Posts